Spice Up Your Life With a Taste of Japan

*Fun Bento Box**Cute and Natural Food From California*

6/01/2015

Spring Picnic Bento

 My husband and I try to have a date night (or a day) at least once a week.
It was a couple of weeks ago that I made this bento for our beach picnic date day.
It was soooo windy out that ended up eating at a park though...

I got salt pickled cherry blossom when I went to Japan last February.
I mixed it with rice and made rice balls.
(You need to wash off salt well. Otherwise so salty)


I made some spring theme animals and flowers with vegetables.
Clover& bees: Green & yellow peppers pickled with shio koji (what is shio koji )
Ladybug: Cherry tomatoes

If you have a seaweed puncher, you can make these characters without spending a lot of time!
You can find them at some Japanese grocery stores or Daiso,





No comments:

Post a Comment