There are concerts in a nearby park every Tuesday in July.
We went there last week with bear sliders bento.
This week, I made Mickey and Minnie karaage bento.
Roasted brussel sprouts
Pickled daikon radish
Chicken Karaage (Japanese Fried Chicken)
Adapted from Japanese Recipe Website
2 Chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
4tbs Soy sauce
1tbs Grated garlic
1tbs Grated ginger
Potato starch, enough to coat the chicken
Oil for frying
1. Mix soy sauce, sugar, garlic and ginger. Marinate chicken and the mixture in a plastic bag. At least 1 hour.
2. Add 1tbs of potato starch and massage the chicken over plastic bag.
3. Put more (a lot enough to coat chicken) potato starch and shake the plastic bag.
~How to make Mickey and Minnie Rice Balls~
1. Shape warm rice as shown in plastic wrap. (I forgot to include their noses in this picture....)
4. Wrap seaweed around ears and noses too.
5. Make the face parts with sliced cheese and nori seaweed.